This is an old classic comfort food made keto friendly! It has all the flavors of your classic carby version with out all the carbs and guilt! This Pot Pie will warm your cold tummy on a winters day.
What you need:
- 1 LB chicken breast diced
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of dried sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of mozzarella, shredded
- 10 TBSP butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a pie pan.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add chicken.
- Brown all sides. Salt and pepper
- Cook low until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In same skillet add 1 TBSP of butter, onion, celery and carrots, thyme, sage and paprika. Cook until onion are slightly browned.
- Add white wine vinegar, scrapping up brown bits. When vinegar becomes syrupy add in the chicken stock.
- Simmer low and slow.
- Add in cream and simmer on low until thick.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, stir, and set aside
- Add Almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt in a medium bowl.
- Add eggs in to the dry ingredients.
- Melt cheese and butter in microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Pour butter mixture in to your flours and mix.
- Once combined place ball of dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out.
- Place rolled dough into pie pan. Cut off excess dough and set aside.
- Fill crust with chicken mixture and top with rolled out excess crust. make sure to pinch or press edges together.
- Slice about four slices in the top and place in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.