Banana bread just screams Christmas to me! My grandma has been making it ever since I was small. I would even help mash the naners as she would call them. She would make a huge batch to give to all of her friends and family. And she has been doing it ever year! I was so sad that couldn’t enjoy the deliciousness of her bread but luckily with a few swaps I can now have a Keto friendly version of my grandmas banana bread.
What you need:
- 2 cups of Almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nut to mix in bread
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts for topping (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 TBSP butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Truvia
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp banana extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine both flours, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl used a mixer to cream butter and stevia until smooth. Beat in eggs and banana extract.
- Pour batter in pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- IMPORTANT, let cool at least 1 hour before slicing or else it may crumble a bit.
Calories without nut topping: 16 servings
Calories: 224 Fat: 20g Protien: 8g Carbs: 6g Fiber: 4g = 2 Net Carbs!!!