Tis’ the season for Pesole falalalala… I love pesole both green and red. It just warms your belly on a nice cold day. Traditional Pesole is made with hominy but hominy is not keto friendly. Do not fret friends I have a recipe that is keto friendly. It is so flavorful you wont even miss the hominy! Well, maybe you’ll miss it..but this is a great way to eat your pesole with out the guilt.
What you need:
- 10 Chile Guajillos
- 2-3 Chicken breast
- 1 whole onion
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
Optional ingredients for topping:
- Lemon or Limes quatered
- Diced onion
- Clean your chicken an place into crock pot with both cans of chicken broth, garlic and onion.
- Turn crockpot to high
- Rinse your chile guajillos and place them in a pot with just enough water to cover chiles.
- Bring chiles to a soft boil and let them cook for about 2 minutes to soften. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- While chiles are cooling assemble you garnishes. finely chop your cabbage and raddishes, quarter you lemons and slice your avocado.
- Once chiles are cool remove stems and place into blender with about 1 cup of the liquid you cooked them in. Blend and then you want to pass it through a fine sieve to seperate the hard outer parts from the sauce. Sauce should be smooth. Once finished place chile sauce in with the chicken and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook high for about 4 hours.
- Top and enjoy!