I love all things lemon! But, it is really hard to find any good lemon snacks on keto. Either there is not any flavor or they taste to artificial. Luckily, I have the perfect recipe for a lemon pound cake. It give you that delicious lemon flavor without being overly sweet. It is a great snack or a yummy breakfast item to enjoy with you morning cup of coffee.
Here’s what you need:
For pound cake:
1 8 oz block of cream cheese
6 TBSP of butter
3/4 cup of erythritol
1/4 cup of lemon juice
2 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup powdered erythritol
1 TBSP room temp butter
1 tsp lemon extract or zest
2 tsp of water
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Combine cream cheese, butter and sweetener until smooth.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, flours and baking powder and lemon zest. mix well.
- Place batter into lined bread pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the center is firm. Check on it at 45 minutes to make sure it doesn’t get too brown.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes and add glaze
179 calories, 17 fat, 3 protein and 5 carbs