Steak Ranchero brings back so many memories. Every other Wednesday, when my dad got paid he always took us out to eat. We would head to our favorite Mexican restaurant and we would always get the Steak Ranchero. My whole family loves it! What is Steak Ranchero, you may ask? Steak Ranchero is typically steak slices, potatoes, onion and bell peppers. But, to keep this recipe keto friendly we got rid of the potatoes but kept all the flavor.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 pounds of Chuck tender roast
- 1 large onion
- 3 large bell peppers
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- garlic salt
- First thing you want to do is cut up your meat. Chuck tender roast has a silver skin left on it you want to carefully cut that off and slice beef into thin cubes.
- Season your meat well with salt pepper and garlic salt
- Set aside.
- Next, you are going to cut your veggies.
- Cut your bell peppers removing seeds and cut into strips
- Cut your jalapeno ( you can leave seeds if you like your food spicy )
- Now, you want to peel and quarter your onion and tomatoes
- Add all ingredients to a 6 qt instapot
- Add 1/2 cup of water
- Add about a pinch of salt
- Cover and turn on pressure cooker to high pressure and let cook for 30 minutes.
Add your fats like cheese, sour cream and avocado and enjoy!
Macros: Calories 121, Fat2.2, Net carbs 11