Eggs are a big staple in the keto diet. Not only are they yummy, they are also very nutritious. One large egg has 75 calories 7 grams of protien and 5 grams of fat. And, while there are many ways to cook eggs, I have a super simple egg recipe to throw into your rotation.
Heres what you need:
4 cups fresh spinach
4 medium plum tomatoes or 8 baby tomatoes
12 large eggs
4 TBSP parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1 TBSP olive oil
Saute spinach and tomatoes until spinach is welted.
- preheat oven to 350
- In a large saute pan add 1 TBSP olive oil and then add in spinach and tomatoes.
- In a bowl crack your 12 eggs and add in your parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning and salt.
- slowly wisk in you spinach and tomato mixture in to the eggs
- Next pour your egg spinach mixture into a greased 2.2 liter pan
- Place in the oven and let bake for 45 minutes or until center is firm.
- Enjoy alone or add a TBSP of marinara
Macros: 6 servings
Per serving: Calories 181, Fat 11.2, Carbs 5.8, Fiber 1.3, and 15.4 protein
4.5 Net carbs`