It is that time of year again. The leaves are changing and the weathers finally getting cooler. It’s now time to break out the crock pot for all the fall favorites. When I think of Fall I think of my grandpa making chili on a cold rainy day. Memories I will always cherish! And the best part about chili is you can tailor it to your liking. This has to be my favorite recipe because it is so easy to make and its very low in carbs.
Here is what you need:
1.5 pounds of ground beef
1 large onion
1 TBSP avocado oil
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans Rotel
2 TBSP chili powder
1 TBSP cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
1/4 tsp of salt
- You want to dice onions and saute them in 1 TBSP of avocado oil, until translucent.
- Next you want to brown your meat in the onions. When meat is browned you are going to want to drain the grease and transfer the meat to the crock pot.
- Add in your diced tomatoes and 2 cans of Rotel.
- Add in all your spices
- Let simmer on low for about 4 hours so you can build flavor.
- serve plain, with cheese or on top of a hot dog any way you eat it enjoy!
Nutrition: 179 Calories, 10.9 Fat, 4.6 Carbs, 1.7 fiber, 16.2 Protien *2.9 Net carbs