Hello friends! I don’t know about you but I absolutely love Mexican food. One of my favorites is Pork Chili Verde. What is Pork Chili Verde? Well friends, it is tender pork in a delicious green salsa. Super easy to make. The best part, for me, is that you just make the salsa and throw it into the crock pot with the pork to cook. 8 hrs later you have dinner! Perfect for a busy mom like me!
Heres what you need for the salsa:
4 medium tomatillos
1 large onion
1-2 jalapenos depending on how spicy you want it!
1 poblano pepper
salt to taste (pork is naturally salty so not to much)
1 small pork roast
- First always wash your veggie! Make sure you peel your tomatillos. Next, you want to roast your veggies under the broiler for about 10 minutes. This helps give your salsa a smoky flavor, this also helps cut the tartness of the tomatillos.
2. Once veggies are nice and roasted cover with plastic wrap for about 10 minutes. This step will help remove the charred skin from the peppers.
3. Now you want to put all veggies into the blender with about 1/2 cup of water and blend until nice an smooth and place it to the side.
4. Now its time to sear the meat. Add 1 TBSP of avocado oil in to a large skillet and sear meat until all sides are nice and browned. You do not have to cook the meat all the way through.
5. After meat is seared add the meat to the crock pot and add the green salsa on top. cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Enjoy with some sour cream and a low carb tortilla!