Cheesecake was always a special treat growing up. We didn’t have it often but when we did I would cherish every creamy, tangy bite! When I first started all the fad, low fat diets I thought the only way I could get a cheesecake fix was to eat fat free cream cheese with cinnamon and Splenda. It was ok but no where near a real cheesecake. I thought my cheesecake days were over but guess what they are not!!! This recipe is simple and delicious even my non keto husband loves it!
Here is what you are going to need:
- 24oz 1/3 less fat or full fat cream cheese *I used 1/3 fat to save some calories
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 3 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup erythritol or sweetner of choice
- 1 Tsp vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees *Tip have all ingredients at room temp.*
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream until nice and fluffy. A mixer works best.
- Add erythritol and beat smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla lemon juice and zest. Mix well.
- pour filling into a spring form pan. *If using a spring form pan make sure to put foil along the bottom.* A cake or pie pan could work too.
- Place the cheesecake into a larger pan that has enough room to fill it 2/3 of the way with water. This is called a water bath and it helps keep the cheesecake from cracking.
- Bake for 1 hr and 15 minutes. Keep an eye on it though oven temps vary.
- Let cool for at least 4 hours!
- Enjoy as is or with berries and keto granola!